Southeast Academy offers an accredited homeschool program in all 50 states!
Southeast Academy’s 1st and 2nd grade students have five core subjects that include Math, Language Arts, History/Geography, Science, and Bible. Penmanship is optional and has an additional cost. Curriculum samples are available further below. Tuition for 1st or 2nd grade includes curriculum for five subjects, course counselor, support, and communication. SEA handles all record keeping and reporting, plus provides quarterly report cards.Southeast Academy’s annual achievement testing is optional for 1st and 2nd grade, but is required for all upper grades.
SEA uses an easy to use booklet structure for 1st and 2nd grades. A booklet in each subject will take an average of three weeks to complete. Each booklet combines reading pages, exercises, occasional projects, review, and a test. Each booklet also has a systematic review of previous booklets for reinforcement. New concepts and skills are also integrated across other subjects for reinforcement. A 1st or 2nd grade student will complete approximately 50 booklets during a school year. The curriculum prepares students for any of our five program options that begin at 3rd grade. Our award winning curriculum presents a Christian worldview.
Southeast Academy uses an individualized approach. Students learn at different rates of speed depending on the subject or concept. Students are guided through the lessons at their own pace, giving them the chance to master concepts at their ability before moving on to more challenging lessons. This allows students more time when needed, but also allows them to move quickly when they have mastered a concept.
SEA requires a minimum of a two semester (annual) commitment to protect the school’s reputation for academic progress. Semester and quarterly payment options are a provided convenience for the parents’ commitment of two semesters. We do not offer a monthly payment option for 1st-2nd grades, because it is best to ship booklet curriculum by the quarter.
Southeast Academy Advantages:
- Southeast Academy has full accreditation status with AdvancEd and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), plus the National Association of Private Schools. (NAPS).
- 5 core subjects include Math, Language Arts, History/Geography, Science, Bible.
- Academic adviser, support, and communication.
- SEA handles all record keeping & reporting, plus parents can securely view grades online.
- Quarterly report cards.
- Booklet curriculum shipping costs included for U.S. residents.
- Annual standardized achievement testing is available from SEA, which can be done at home. There is an additional testing fee for 1st and 2nd graders, but is included in tuition for 3rd grade and above.
- Southeast Academy elementary students can seamlessly continue into Southeast Academy middle school and high school.
The $125 family registration fee is due with your registration form and is non-refundable, but you can opt to call in the payment using our “call in payment” form to let us know when you will call. The family registration fee covers any other students in any of our programs. The first tuition payment is normally due one week before the student start date. There is a two semester (annual) enrollment commitment to protect the school’s reputation for academic progress. Money is saved when using a payment option that requires less payments.
2017-2018 Tuition Rates:
1st or 2nd Grade Tuition Options
- Quarterly payment option (4x$325)
- Semester payment option (2x$630)
- Annual $1215
The samples below are in PDF format. Most browsers will automatically display the file in a new tab when clicked. However, some browsers will just download the file where they need to be opened from your download folder.
1st Grade Level
1st Grade Math Student Book 1
1st Grade Math Teacher’s Guide
1st Grade Math Student Worksheet Packet
1st Grade Phonics & Reading Student Book 1
1st Grade Phonics & Reading Student Reader 1
1st Grade Phonics & Reading Teacher’s Guide
2nd Grade Level
2nd Grade Math Student Book 1
2nd Grade Math Teacher’s Guide
2nd Grade Math Student Worksheet Packet
2nd Grade Phonics & Reading Student Book 1
2nd Grade Phonics & Reading Student Reader 1
2nd Grade Phonics & Reading Teacher’s Guide
Optional Course (additional cost):