Southeast Academy offers an accredited homeschool program in all 50 states!
SEA offers two proven options for 3rd–5th grades. SEA uses an award-winning internet-based structure for both options with over 50,000 multimedia features. The curriculum presents a Christian worldview. Our 3rd-5th school students can complete their schoolwork from anywhere using typical broadband internet access. SEA’s unique structure can reduce parent involvement to the level that works best for the family. There are also digital tutors throughout the curriculum. Our 3rd-5th grade school tuition includes five subjects’ curriculum with SEA teacher scoring. SEA teacher scoring provides human scoring for areas our automatic scoring cannot cover, such as sentence answers and writing projects. This structure frees up parents to focus on encouragement and incentives. 3rd-5th grade tuition also includes annual online achievement testing, academic adviser support, plus many other benefits.
Why An Online Structure is Best: Students can complete their schoolwork from anywhere using typical broadband internet access. A large portion of student work is automatically computer scored, which promptly corrects student thinking while the concept is fresh in the mind. Parents and student can view grades online anytime, which enhances student motivation. SEA’s qualified teachers are able to view student work instantly so they can offer the best assistance. There are approximately 130 lessons per two-semester subject. Computer requirements are at the bottom of the page.
Two Options for 3rd-5th: Parents can choose between our Distinctive Service program or our Elite Service program.
The Distinctive Service program is our core structure, but is designed for students that are mostly independent workers or who have parents that are available for tutoring as needed. Distinctive Service users can purchase optional tutoring sessions from SEA if needed.
The Elite Service program has all the benefits of the Distinctive Service program, plus offers academic concept help via the built-in messaging system, email, telephone, Skype, etc. This is an essential program to free up more parent time! It also protects relationships in the home. The Elite Service program is the best financial value, because for only a little more than $1 per day extra above the Distinctive Service program, SEA provides concept help when needed! For most parents, it allows them to focus their time on encouragement instead, plus protects relationships, and still allows the parent to be involved as time allows.
About All Our Programs: Students learn at different rates of speed depending on the subject or concept. Students are guided through the lessons at their own pace, giving them the chance to master concepts at their ability before moving on to more challenging lessons. This allows students more time when needed, but also allows them to move quickly when they have mastered a concept.
SEA requires a minimum of a two semester (annual) commitment to protect the school’s reputation for academic progress. Semester, quarterly, and monthly payment options are a provided convenience for the parents’ commitment of two semesters.
Southeast Academy Advantages:
- SEA’s 3rd-5th grades has full accreditation status with AdvancEd and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). Many schools and homeschool programs are not accredited or have less extensive accreditations for these younger grade levels. SEA is!
- SEA’s 3rd-5th grades has full accreditation status with the National Association of Private Schools (NAPS).
- New students use our online placement tool to customize the student’s personalized academic program. This structure can catch foundational gaps that may be causing areas of struggle.
- Annual standardized achievement testing is included in tuition, which can be done at home.
Online Curriculum For Both Programs Include:
- Five subjects of curriculum.
- The student’s home page has an efficient built in lesson plan to keep students on track.
- Instant computerized scoring is provided for a large percentage of student work, which gives immediate answer reinforcement.
- Teacher scoring is provided for subjective answers that cannot be automatically scored.
- Grades and progress are viewable online by both the student and parents.
- A large number of electives are also available for a reasonable cost if the student takes more than the included courses.
3rd-5th Financial Requirements:
The $125 family registration fee is due with your registration form and is non-refundable, but you can opt to call in the payment using our “call in payment” form to let us know when you will call. The family registration fee covers any other students in any of our programs. The first tuition payment is normally due one week before the student start date. There is a a two semester (annual) enrollment commitment to protect the school’s reputation for academic progress. Money is saved when using a payment option that uses less payments.
|Distinctive Service Program
Elite Service Program
Easy Enrollment Procedures
Frequently Asked Questions
Scope and Sequence of Concepts
Scope and Sequence for Online and CD Programs:
The samples below are in PDF format. Most browsers will automatically display the file in a new tab when clicked. However, some browsers will just download the file where they need to be opened from your download folder.
(e.g. 300 is 3rd grade, 400 is 4th grade, 500 is 5th grade)
Computer Requirements For Online Program:
Basically, all you need is a web browser and access to the internet. Typical wired and wifi broadband will work for internet requirements. Some satellite internet providers may not work due to download size restrictions or download speed, so check with us. Our system will work on both PC and Mac browsers used with laptop or desktop computers. Tablet Info.
We also recommend taking steps for protecting your computer and student while online.