For Southeast Academy’s website or southeastacademyonline.com
Revised January 1, 2020
Southeast Academy’s Main Goal: Your privacy is important to us! We will never share, rent, or sell your email address to anyone. SEA believes in “Respect for the Individual.” For that reason, we will collect and use personal information of users/customers only as follows: Personal information means information about you, which is, or can be, related to you as an individual.
We collect personal information to:
* deliver the products and services you want;
* administer our businesses;
* develop and communicate special offers;
* provide customer service; and
* respond to legal process (such as subpoenas and warrants).
Information SEA collects at our website, and how we collect it:
If you submit information via one of Southeastacademyonline.com’s forms, the form may ask you for certain information. For example, our contact form will ask for your name and email address, so we can reply, but a phone number is not required. Other web forms may additionally ask for a student name, student grade level, and family address, so we can process an account setup. Registering a new student enrollment will additionally ask information about the previous school, which Southeast Academy needs to transfer records. We do not ask for social security numbers in our web forms! The family address is required for mailed communications and in some cases shipped supplies. The shipper does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
Technical information may be collected (such as your Internet Protocol address, your computer’s operating system and browser type, and the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages) when you visit our website. The technical information is used to improve visitor experience. Some of our advertisements through Google, Microsoft, or Facebook collect information to place ads geographically and based on previous visits. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide you with a more customized user experience. For information about technical data that can be collected when using Google, please see Google Privacy and Terms. For Facebook, see the Facebook Data Policy and Facebook Terms and Policies. For Microsoft, please see Microsoft Privacy Statement. For Paypal, please see Paypal Privacy Statement.
When you visit our website, your browser or an advertising company (if coming to our website from an ad) may place a “cookie,” a small computer file, on your computer to help recognize when you return. You may delete this cookie from your computer by clearing your history or cookies. You may also set your internet browser to reject cookies, however, doing so may limit the functionality on many other websites. If you would like to opt out of interest-based advertising for the browser you use, you may find information at the National Advertising Initiative (optout.networkadvertising.org) very helpful.
How SEA uses personal information:
* We do not sell or rent personal information to others.
* We do not disclose personal information to non-Affiliates except in the following situations:
* when we use service providers and contractors for limited purposes (such as credit card processing, banking, or order fulfillment, etc.) to assist us in completing our transactions with you or maintaining or conducting our business;
* to comply with valid legal process and applicable laws.
* We may share with Affiliates and non-Affiliates statistical information that does not identify you individually.
* SEA takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
Personal information that we maintain is subject to physical, administrative, and technical controls. When we do have to collect your more sensitive personal information, we will protect its confidentiality, prohibit its unlawful disclosure, and limit access to authorized personnel only.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) January 1, 2020:
Since Southeast Academy does not sell data to third parties, Californians’ rights pertain to being able to ask us if we have any data on you and the right to have us delete any information we might have about you. Generally the only information we will have on a person is if they submitted a web form or emailed us directly. Please contact us for information about student records, which are not stored on this site. Southeast Academy does not discriminate on any of these rights! If you came to our site from a Google or Facebook product, please see above for what they collect.
International European Union’s General Data Protection (GDPR).
International customers and members: If you came to our site from a Google, Facebook, or Microsoft product, you may also want to look at their privacy policies further above for what they collect and to learn how you can manage data with them. You may also want to view PrivacyShield.gov.
* If you provided information to us from a country other than the United States, your information may be transmitted to, and processed by us or our service providers in the United States or other countries other than your own.
* If you provided information from a country that grants specific additional privacy rights, contact us at the addresses listed below to exercise your rights.
Modifications to SEA’s privacy policies:
* We reserve the right to change our privacy policies at any time, except as may be prohibited by law.
* We will post revisions online that we consider appropriate.
Contact SEA for more information about our privacy policies.
If you have questions about our privacy policies, contact us:
Mailing Address: Southeast Academy P.O. Box MM 137 Palmer Avenue Saltville VA 24370
Telephone: (7am-4pm PST) (855) 733-8451 or (276) 496-7777
Fax: (276) 496-7979