Please read the following information carefully!
In assuming the role of the parent/teacher, the following are guidelines that need to be followed:
- Check your email a minimum of twice per week for SEA school communications. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or contact list so important communications are not blocked or delivered to spam. We also use a newsletter system where we add the parent of enrolled students. The periodic newsletter will automatically stop sending you information in August if you have not completed the annual Student Update for re-enrollment. You can also Unsubscribe at the bottom of any newsletter. It is advised that spouses should signup so both parents receive communications (Students/Documents/Signup for SEA Communications).
- Check your student’s lesson plan(s) daily either on paper or online to make sure your student is making progress.
- Do not allow passing scores below 80% on lessons in paper-based curriculum, with online students lessons will automatically reassign to the student until they reach the 80% threshold.
- Students must do at least one project and/or essay per unit. Others can be skipped if you feel necessary, online students will need to message the test teacher to have the additional project/essays skipped after completing the one of choice in each unit.
- College-prep or Honors high school science students must purchase an additional science lab kit to go with his/her science course. These high school science courses are structured so the projects are completed with the appropriate lab kit. Physics does not require a lab kit at this time.
- Paper-based curriculum tests should be mailed upon completion. There will be a $2 per unit fee assessed for bulk mailing of tests. Online test will be blocked for all students not on teacher support, when they are ready to take the test they must message the test teacher with the online message system to have them unblocked (please allow 24 hours for this procedure).
- Keep copies of all tests mailed and keep a log of the mailing date.
- Students are expected to finish a unit of work approximately every 2-3 weeks per subject; students should spend 4-6 hours per day in a 5 day school week on their lessons.
I understand that as a parent I am responsible for the training of my child/children and will not hold Southeast Academy responsible for any lack of academic achievement or progress.
I understand that under no circumstances will Southeast Academy accept or give credit for completion of curriculum units for which tuition and curriculum has not been paid in full.
I understand SEA requires a minimum of a two semester (annual) commitment to protect the school’s reputation for academic progress. Semester, quarterly, and monthly payment options are a provided convenience for the parents’ commitment of two semesters. SEA is structured for continuous enrollment. The student is considered enrolled until the parent formerly withdraws the student.
I understand that all students must take an annual achievement test each year.
If a student is found to be cheating or shortcutting, that student will be required to use “Teacher Support” (Teacher On Call). This means tuition cost will go up for the remainder of the academic year and the Parent/Teacher will lose access to their username and password. No Exceptions! Do not allow your student to access your username and password for any reason. Protect the security of your password to ensure academic integrity. If Southeast Academy thinks the student has access to the parent login, we reserve the right to place the student on Teacher Support automatically. If we have assigned a lesson or project to the student and it is skipped by the student or parent this will be considered shortcutting and student will receive a zero and be placed on teacher support. Any student placed on academic probation during the year will automatically go on teacher support to try to help the student to maintain academic balance.
I understand that no refunds are given for registration and testing fees. Tuition refunds are as follows:
- Withdrawal before curriculum sent: 100%*
- Before expiration of 10 days of shipment: 50%* of full year’s tuition
- After 10 days of shipment or online setup:
- Withdrawal during 1st semester requires payment of 5 months of tuition (or 2 quarters of tuition).
- Withdrawal during 2nd semester requires payment for the full year of tuition.
*Represents applicable percentages of tuition/curriculum reimbursement outlined on full-year financial agreement.
I understand that all shipments must be opened and checked immediately upon receipt, and that SEA is not responsible to replace missing items after 10 days from the invoice date. I understand that items damaged in shipping or showing signs of handling will not be accepted for return or credit.
I understand that notice of withdrawal or request for transcripts must be made in writing. The first transcript will be sent free of charge but additional requests will be subject to a $5.00 processing fee.
A $20 late charge is assessed if payment is not received within 15 days of payment due date. A $25 processing fee is assessed for a non-sufficient funds check, credit or debit card decline, or a stop payment.