Information For Schools Regarding SEA Courses
STEP 1: This information may be helpful to give to your school. Two sheets are required for printing. Continue to Step 2 after you have contacted your school to make sure it will accept the credit.
SEA is a private school with students in all 50 states that offers core courses, plus dozens of electives. Students have used SEA for decades for credit recovery, summer school, and scheduling conflicts. We can offer a solution for students that may be looking at an additional year of school due to a failed course, incomplete courses due to sickness, or transfer credit problems from another school. In some cases, we can help the athlete that needs a higher G.P.A. for an upcoming season.
Some schools may not have a summer school program that will adequately cover a necessary course. SEA has helped schools reduce the cost and structure of summer school programs. Students also have an option to complete an extra course with SEA during the school year when scheduling conflicts arise or a determined student needs an extra course.
Most students can complete a full year (two semester) course during the summer break if they are not encumbered with other activities. A semester course is generally possible even with other activities. It must be a priority with the student and parent.
SEA has full accreditation status with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). Look up SEA’s status:
SEA has full accreditation status with the National Association of Private Schools. Look up SEA’s status:
What is needed from your school:
SEA requires a letter of approval from the student’s school that will allow the student to complete the course for transfer credit to your school. The student’s name, course to be completed, school name, school mailing address, and brief statement stating credit will be transferred from SEA if student successfully completes the course, and an authorized signature. This letter can be mailed or faxed to the contact information below.
- One-on-one teacher support: Students receive academic assistance from a teacher at SEA via the communication center directly in the curriculum. A SEA teacher does all subjective scoring!
- High school science courses include labs. e.g. Beside microscope, fungus, bacteria, cell, and plant projects, Biology includes six dissections: pig, frog, crayfish, cow eye, worm, and fish. Physical Science, Chemistry, and Physics also have lab work.
- SEA uses an award-winning curriculum that features 3-D animation and cutting edge multimedia. Each course includes exercises, projects, reviews, and tests. Semester courses have five tests. Two semester courses have ten tests.
- Students below high school level can be diagnosed for concept weaknesses in a subject, then complete a custom remedial course to repair the foundation.
- A transcript with grade will be sent to the school when the course is successfully completed.
- Although the scope and sequence of each course has been reviewed by NCA CASI, and NAPS, we can send the scope and sequence of any course at the school’s request. Email us at email@example.com or use our Contact page to request the scope and sequence for the course name.
- The student’s family is responsible for the course cost.
- If for some reason, your school must use a NCA accreditation, we have a sister school with the same structure. Please contact us.
Southeast Academy P.O. Box MM 137 Palmer Avenue Saltville VA 24370
Telephone: (276) 496-7777 Ext. 221 Fax: (276) 496-7979 www.southeastacademyonline.com firstname.lastname@example.org